WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 2010
J & J's Market
(Next to Noshville)
Plenty of parking.
What are we doing this week?
"I've Been Framed"
POSTER CONTEST THIS WEDNESDAY
It's time to polish up those posters and get them ready for presentation. We will be holding our poster contest at this weeks meeting for "I've Been Framed". It will be exciting to see what our amazing artists have come up with this time. All are welcome.
Here are the Poster Contest Guidelines:
Fall Show 2010 info:
Title: "I've Been Framed"
Venue: Billups Art Gallery
Venue Address: 1008-c Woodland St.
Nashville TN 37206
Date: September 17, 2010
THANK YOU TO ALL FALL SHOW CHAIR VOLUNTEERS
Thanks for the help. Here are the Fall Show chairs:
Fall Show Chairs
PR: Kelly McNoldy
Installation: Joey Petrone
Curator: Samantha Callahan
Hospitality: Ginny Edwards
Volunteer Liaison: Michael Grine
Break Down: ?
Small Works: ?
We have a few places open, let us know if you would like to help out.
email us at:
JERRY'S ARTARAMA ADDED TO FALL SHOW SPONSORS
Located in the Hickory Hollow area, Jerry's Artarama has a nice selection of creative materials.
Link for Jerry's Artarama in Nashville: http://nashville.jerrysartaramastores.com
FALL SHOW REGISTRATION COMING UP
Fall Show registration opens on August 15, that's almost three weeks away!
If you mailed a grant application, please contact us asap! Email email@example.com to let us know if you mailed an application.
GET READY FOR SOMETHING NEW NEXT WEEK!
Check next weeks Newsletter for some exciting news.
Untitled needs you!
Do you know of any venues in Nashville? We are searching for new spaces to hold
our upcoming shows. GLOW: October 22 & Winter Show: December 17
If you or someone you know may have interest in hosting an Untitled event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our venue needs here:
CONNECT & FOLLOW & SHARE
Share and view photos from the show on Flickr!
Ray & Wendy's link:
Find us on Facebook
DATES AND DEADLINES FOR FALL SHOW 2010
JULY 28: POSTER CONTEST
AUGUST 15: Registration Opens
AUGUST 18: Deadline for Press Images
SEPTEMBER 1: Last chance to pay at a meeting
SEPTEMBER 3: PO Box Mail Payment must be Postmarked by today
SEPTEMBER 5: Registration and Paypal Option ends at midnight
SEPTEMBER 8: Last Meeting before Show (ready to hang review?)
SEPTEMBER 15: Art Drop Off 6pm-7:30pm
SEPTEMBER 16: Installation 9-7pm
SEPTEMBER 17: Untitled Art Show 6-10pm
SEPTEMBER 18: Clean up 10am to 1pm
Featured This Week
Tomato Art Fest 2010
Booths at Billups Art
Booth fee $200.00
no application fee
Billups Art is hosting booths for the Tomato Art Fest. We have a few remaining outside booths in front of Billups Art, behind Beyond the Edge and on the patio between Billups Art and Drifters. We will be running the same hours as the Tomato Fest and are expecting thousands of people to be walking around and checking out our booths. We will also be hosting the Tomatolympics and drawing lessons for the children.
Setup will be from 7a-9a and you are expected to bring your own tent. If you are interested but do no have a tent, we have four available outdoor booths underneath an awning. Tents are preferred to be 10x10 but if you have a 12x12, you wont get the boot. Splitting booths is allowed, but please let us know. Booth fee is $200, no submission needed.
For those of you who have not participated in a Billups Art Fair, it is an amazing environment with live music all day long and will be even more amazing considering the fact that it is the Tomato Art Fest. Thanks for all of your continued support, we look forward to working with you.
E-mail email@example.com for booth or event info.
VISIT THE ARTLeads BLOG:
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE INSTANT UPDATES IN YOUR EMAIL ON THE BLOG PAGE
* Art & Soul Multi-Arts Workshop August 20, 21
* Tomato Art Fest 2010 artist booths at Billups
* CALL FOR WORKS - SoundCrawl:Nashville 2010
* Call for Artists: K.A.S. Gallery, Louisville KY
* August Guest Speakers at Wm. Cty. Library August 1...
* Adult Workshop: Felted Couture @ Frist - August 7,...
* Copyright Basics: VLPA: August 2, 2010
* Encaustic Workshops - August 2010
* Call for Artists: TACA Fall Craft Fair 2010 (Sept)...
* Baking TV Series: Next Great Cake Artist
* Call for Artists: Artists In Nashville: ART PARTY!...
* LABOR DAY ARTS FESTIVAL September 3-6, 2010
* Call for artists! St. George's Arts Alliance Fine ...
* Meet critic/curator Kevin McGarry in Nashville: Th...
* Call to artists: Knoxville Symphony Orchestra Exhi...
* FBC 3rd Annual Art Festival - October 3-17, 2010
* NATIONAL PARK SERVICE ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE OPPORTUN...
* SUMMER 2010 ART WORKSHOPS OFFERED BY KATHY CHESTER...
* Artist in Residency Studio Opportunity at Davis Ar...
Tuesday, July 27, 2010