WEDNESDAY, JULY 21, 2010
J & J's Market
(Next to Noshville)
Plenty of parking.
What are we doing this week?
Finding Fall Show Chairs
Sharing Poster Ideas
Poster Inspiration: http://www.posterclassics.com
POSTER CONTEST FOR "I'VE BEEN FRAMED"
Calling all illustrators, digital artists and posterly inclined. We have a title and a venue, now we need an awesome poster to tie it together. At this weeks meeting you can present your ideas for upcoming contest. The poster contest will be on July 28.
Here are the Poster Contest Guidelines:
Fall Show 2010 info:
Title: "I've Been Framed"
Venue: Billups Art Gallery
Venue Address: 1008-c Woodland St. Nashville TN 37206
Date: September 17, 2010
FREE ENTRY FOR ALL SHOW CHAIRS
That's right, if you volunteer as a chair, you get to enter your art for free. Here are the chair positions:
* Installation Chair
* Public Relations
* Artists' (Volunteer) Liaison
* Break Down Chair
* Small Works
Please visit our Volunteer page for more information:
If you feel that you would like to learn more about the position before volunteering, volunteer as a Co-Chair. We will pick Show Chairs at our weekly meeting.
A BIG THANKS TO THIS YEARS GLOW SHOW VOLUNTEERS
Thank you for attending the meeting and helping us make Untitled better. Here are the GLOW Show chairs:
GLOW committee chair: Robert Cortner
Curator: Marty Motola
Installation: Robert Cortner, + possible co-chair
Volunteer liaison: Joey Petrone
PR: Kelly McNoldy
Small works: ?
Break down: ?
Entertainment: Ginny Edwards
Sponsorship: Ginny Edwards
Poster designer: ?
Notice there are still a few places open, let us know if you would like to help out.
GLOW is scheduled to take place on October 22.
Untitled needs you!
Do you know of any venues in Nashville? We are searching for new spaces to hold
our upcoming shows. GLOW: October 22 & Winter Show: December 17
If you or someone you know may have interest in hosting an Untitled event, please contact us at email@example.com
Check out our venue needs here:
CONNECT & FOLLOW & SHARE
Share and view photos from the show on Flickr!
Ray & Wendy's link:
Find us on Facebook
DATES AND DEADLINES FOR FALL SHOW 2010
JULY 28: POSTER CONTEST
AUGUST 15: Registration Opens
AUGUST 18: Deadline for Press Images
SEPTEMBER 1: Last chance to pay at a meeting
SEPTEMBER 3: PO Box Mail Payment must be Postmarked by today
SEPTEMBER 5: Registration and Paypal Option ends at midnight
SEPTEMBER 8: Last Meeting before Show (ready to hang review?)
SEPTEMBER 15: Art Drop Off 6pm-7:30pm
SEPTEMBER 16: Installation 9-7pm
SEPTEMBER 17: Untitled Art Show 6-10pm
SEPTEMBER 18: Clean up 10am to 1pm
VISIT THE ARTLeads BLOG:
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE INSTANT UPDATES IN YOUR EMAIL ON THE BLOG PAGE
* Art & Soul Multi-Arts Workshop August 20, 21
* Tomato Art Fest 2010 artist booths at Billups
* CALL FOR WORKS - SoundCrawl:Nashville 2010
* Call for Artists: K.A.S. Gallery, Louisville KY
* August Guest Speakers at Wm. Cty. Library August 1...
* Adult Workshop: Felted Couture @ Frist - August 7,...
* Copyright Basics: VLPA: August 2, 2010
* Encaustic Workshops - August 2010
* Call for Artists: TACA Fall Craft Fair 2010 (Sept)...
* Baking TV Series: Next Great Cake Artist
* Call for Artists: Artists In Nashville: ART PARTY!...
* LABOR DAY ARTS FESTIVAL September 3-6, 2010
* Call for artists! St. George's Arts Alliance Fine ...
* Meet critic/curator Kevin McGarry in Nashville: Th...
* Call to artists: Knoxville Symphony Orchestra Exhi...
* FBC 3rd Annual Art Festival - October 3-17, 2010
* NATIONAL PARK SERVICE ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE OPPORTUN...
* SUMMER 2010 ART WORKSHOPS OFFERED BY KATHY CHESTER...
* Artist in Residency Studio Opportunity at Davis Ar...
Tuesday, July 20, 2010