This Wednesday, July 25th is the art drop-off/volunteer confirmation for the GLOW Show and we will not be meeting at Kazu. Our next regular Wednesday night meeting will be August 1st.
GLOW ARTISTS & VOLUNTEERS,
If you registered and do not see your name below please contact us asap.
The following artists have registered for GLOW:
Greg Butler, charlotte Caldwell, Samantha Callahan, Eric Denton, Aubrey Derryberry, Andrew Doak, Erica Edmonson, lewis finch, Lana Finch, Shawn Gray, Daryle Jones, Greyson Kelley, Shannon Lewis, Kay Meadows, Rosie Morton, Amy Pizzano, Jodi Reeves, Marsha Rusk, Brent Spears, Erik Tower, Ben Vitualla, Deborah Walden, Kathy Whitesell
Still need artwork info for: Peggy Bonnington
The following volunteers have registered for GLOW:
lisa bachman, Emily Naff, Rachel Spears, Erica Swenson
ART DROP OFF & VOLUNTEER CONFIRMATION:
July 25th from 6-8pm at the Bar Car. The Bar Car is located in Cummins Station (209 10th avenue south). Easiest parking is in the lot across the street on the corner of 10th avenue south and Lea street or on 10th avenue south on the street right in front of the building.
VOLUNTEERS: YES, you have to come to the drop-off to confirm your volunteer shift. Please email us if this is a problem. If you’d still like to volunteer but haven’t registered, come to the drop-off. Admission to GLOW is free for volunteers.
Drop-off/confirmation takes about 15 minutes. Come any time between 6 and 8. Late work will not be accepted. If you register for GLOW and decide later not to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your change in plans. Otherwise we'll worry about you.
Here's what to bring to and be prepared for at the drop-off:
1. Your work, which must be dry and ready to hang (wired, or with other appropriate hanging hardware). PLEASE BE SURE YOUR NAME AND THE TITLE OF YOUR PIECE ARE ON THE BACK. If your work is not properly prepared for hanging, it will not be shown. Please check in with the curator or installation chair to confirm that your work is ready to hang or install.
GO HERE TO VIEW OUR "READY TO HANG" GUIDE:
2. Bring a blacklight if you have one. If you are supplying your own blacklight it must be the fluorescent type.
3. Optional: A one-page bio and/or artist's statement.
Untitled maintains a book of bios and artists' statements for patrons to review during our shows. If you would like your information included in the book, please bring a single page with you to the drop-off. Article on writing an artist's statement:
4. For GLOW ONLY: Exhibiting Artists may bring up to 5 small works to be sold at the "small works" table. Work may include original art, prints, or craft items smaller than 11x17 inches and does not have to glow. They must be matted or otherwise protected, and must be in a clear plastic sleeve/packaging (available at any art supply store). If you bring small works, be sure to bring a typed page listing each piece, including title, medium, and price. Pieces for the small works table must be dropped off at the Wednesday night drop-off and artists are responsible for taking unsold work with them at 11pm.
Again, this is for GLOW ONLY. Untitled will keep 10% of small work sales. You must have work entered in the main GLOW exhibition to submit art for the small works table.
5. At drop-off you will sign our artist need to know form. This form contains important information about showing with Untitled.
Feel free to read this and/or print it out beforehand:
6. VOLUNTEER CONFIRMATION: All exhibiting artists (and non-exhibiting artists, too) are encouraged to volunteer their time to help install the show, host the event, and uninstall the show. Please let us know what you can do to help. The volunteer schedule will be finalized at the drop-off from 6-8 PM on Wednesday, July 25.
PLEASE BE SURE TO CONFIRM YOUR VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENT AT THE DROP-OFF (even if you are not exhibiting).
see our new volunteer guide on our website with descriptions and instructions of volunteer positions.
THANK YOU FOR GLOWING & CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS!